Shu Qi says “Why must I learn English, why can’t they learn Chinese?”

I just chanced upon this magazine cover image posted on a Chinese website. She was the cover of an English magazine and the interview was for the promotion of My Wife is a Gangster 3.

Shu Qi says Why do I have to learn English, why can't they learn Chinese?

Shu Qi’s character is definitely very funny. I will summarize the contents of the article next time. Soon. ;)

Digg del.icio.us Haohao Netscape Reddit Slashdot StumbleUpon Technorati YahooMyWeb blogmarks co.mments De.lirio.us Furl MisterWong Taggly BlinkList Ma.gnolia

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 8th, 2008 at 12:20 am and is filed under Magazine, Articles. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

27 Comments

1. March 8, 2008 @ 7:31 am

Not everyone needs to learn English if they don’ t have a need for it.
    Again, I agree with her comment of why don’t they learn chinese

Posted by Andy
  2. May 26, 2008 @ 2:17 am

she is right! ^^ she is soo great i loveee her! xD

Posted by daegun
  3. July 10, 2008 @ 10:19 am

I think she is very beautiful, I love her too much. I wish know her anytime because I love her, she´s very very very beautiful, she is my favority Asian actress. I love you Shu Qi. I wish to learn Chinnesse.

Posted by eithan
  4. July 20, 2008 @ 5:20 pm

I read a post of hers on her own offcial forum that indicated her fans should learn Chinese “because my English sucks”. (On side note her English does sound pretty funny in the transporter. I love her speaking Chinese - subtitle rules! HAHA ).

Posted by Heather
  5. July 30, 2008 @ 4:39 pm

Hahaha… Ok, Qi. I will learn chinese for you. I have read an article that she said English language is very difficult to learn and she confess if she is too lazy to learn English. However, i think she doesn’t need to do something that she doesn’t like to do. It’s her prerogative. Anyway, I love to hear she speeks mandarin plus her famous taiwanese slank.

Posted by daywalker
  6. October 9, 2008 @ 6:41 am

Cool! Nice One Shu Qi! You have a point there! No need for you to learn how to speak in english for me and for all of us to understand you…

I even fell in love with you even if I dont understand Chinese…that’s Ok, I still love you no matter what!

If you come to the my country, you dont need to speak tagalog (phil. language) as well, I will be able to understand you just by looking at your pretty face….

God really blessed you with lots of beauty and talent…Thank God for you…

IKAW ANG PINAKA MAGANDA SA BUONG MUNDO!!

Posted by lioubov
  7. October 16, 2008 @ 8:26 pm

She doesn’t need to master the English language but at least learn the basic. She’s not just a superstar in Asia but also an International star or perhaps Hollywood Star that required her to speak the International language. But I still like her,I love her accent and the way she speaks. It’s so demure… How I wish she would work again with Vicky Zhao.

Posted by archeryRich
  8. October 23, 2008 @ 7:57 pm

wow..ms. shu qi,,you’re so BEAUTIFUL and SEXY,so close?? what a great movie,it so amazing,,great move..I’m your #1 fan here in Philippines..i hope you can come here, plz..i wanna be your friend.,since i was 12 years old i really like you,,,..your my favorite actress ..now I’m already 16, i hope you receive more award,always take care..mahal po kita! ate shu qi..(i love you!Ate means big sister…)

Posted by a.anne
  9. December 26, 2008 @ 4:51 pm

ate shu qi, don’t worry we must learn chinese for you we love you here at philippines will wait for you here love yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh….
    take good care of your self god blessssssss you allwaysssssssssss…..

Posted by charlene
  10. December 26, 2008 @ 4:53 pm

ate shu kei mahal ka namin this means we love you a lot
    FROM:KITZ cousin of charlene

Posted by charlene
  11. January 28, 2009 @ 1:39 pm

yeah, i agree with her.
    looking at the population, chinese should be an international language too.
    all the americans say that “learn english! learn english!” but still, they can’t even learn the chinese language.

Posted by ^o^
  12. February 10, 2009 @ 1:38 pm

I’m not Chinese,but i can speak chinese fluently and now work for a Chinese company…Shu Qi,do you satisfy ?…
    I admire your acting skill and ignore all of rumours …
    I love you and your voice….so great !

Posted by jenny
  13. March 30, 2009 @ 6:23 pm

hehe. you just didnt know how you mean to me. i was bored one week then suddenly i tried watching some of your movies and damn. im so inlove with you! unfortunately its impossible for us to meet. well anyway i’ll always pray for you. and someday when i grow up i’ll look for you anywhere. hahaha

youre popular here at the philippines. hope you could come here sometimes. :P take care shu qi

Posted by manwel
  14. May 1, 2009 @ 5:50 pm

hi ! you need learn english more ! I;m from viet nam ! I love you

Posted by poper.Hong
  15. May 4, 2009 @ 10:48 am

the first I seen the so close flim . she too glacial and ceductive :D

Posted by poper.Hong
  16. May 4, 2009 @ 11:06 am

shuqi ! bao nhiêu người ủng hộ chị . chị phải thank đi

Posted by hong
  17. May 4, 2009 @ 6:30 pm

I seen the so close flim . she is glacial and too seductive! I like her :D

Posted by poper.Hong
  18. May 18, 2009 @ 4:21 pm

Seems like I’m not your only fan here in the Philippines…

I’m really looking forward to see you in person before I die and before you grow old ☺☺
    Why don’t you conduct a promo like “Meet and Greet Shu Qi in person”?

I will definitely join that!!!

I love you!!!

Posted by maia bo
  19. August 9, 2009 @ 12:48 am

Hi to Pilipinos!! I agree to her because for me i dont like most english… I hate english but i tried my best to learn it… my english suck… She have also the point that we should know chinese so that if we go to the place which people are saying chinese we can know and understand what they say. More power on Shu qui!!

May God Bless You!!

I love Cebu!!

Posted by Jhampy
  20. October 13, 2009 @ 2:50 pm

I didn’t think so if she dont want to learn ENGLISH cause for me she is the pretiest thing could happend to me,so if you dont satisfied to her saying that WHY I MUST LEARN ENGLISH,WHY CANT THEY LEARN CHINESE,huh,Who Cares…….

For Me?

I want to learn chinese so that i can say in chinese what my heart feels for her………..tnx..

I RealLy In Love With Her….hope is her in person……….

God BlesS You….JAmz

Posted by JamzLovesU
  21. October 13, 2009 @ 2:52 pm

For Me?

I RealLy In Love With Her….hope to see her in person……….

God BlesS You….JAmz

Posted by JamzLovesU
  22. January 25, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

kumusta, Shu Qi? Long time no see, ah?

Anyway, isa ako sa Martial Angels, kung natatandaan mo pa. Ako si Horsey. Di ba ikaw si Cat dun? Ikaw ang pinaka-maganda!

Posted by carol
  23. May 31, 2010 @ 12:12 pm

hi shu qi…..i pray to god to see you in personalbefore i die….when i grow up i will work hard so i can find you in where you are and if that day will come….i wish you will teach me chinese………take care always….loveu

Posted by yan2x
  24. July 4, 2010 @ 9:18 pm

Haha. That’s so Shu Qi

Posted by Louis Huang
  25. September 5, 2010 @ 8:27 pm

well… you’re right Shu… what’s the use of perfect English if you’re rude like American people that i used to talk to over the phone because of my job….anyway…i hope to see you in person..if day that day happens…my gosh…that will be my happiest day in my life…happier than my college graduation!!

sis…good luck to you and more power…
    well., i have one wish…

please reply to all of these comments…
    hmmmp…lot of your fans are waiting to see you here!

Posted by flordelyn
  26. January 4, 2011 @ 11:24 pm

Okay, I really like you Shu Qi. I seriously do. But I kinda am not FULLY into supporting it– the statement. Well maybe am biased with the English Language, though it would be really advantageous for others to know Chinese ( the fact that it’s one of the most spoken language) but I do think advocating also for learning English is a good thing to say. :) Even so, I’ll wont bash nor scrutinize anything but it would be to my pleasure and to us if you’ll try to learn English. :>

P.S. It would be a great way to communicate with yer Fans ALL OVER THE GLOBE :)
    And I’m really happy that a lot of Filipinos are into supporting you and loving you. :)

Posted by Francis Lyn
  27. February 10, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

Hello, I’m a fan of the actor ……
    And I liked the subject, and I love China