April 11, 2008
By computer-angel · Posted in Movies, Upcoming, Hollywood

2008 is really a great year for Shu Qi. After opening up the year by being a jury member at the Berlin Film Festival, and just briefly following the announcement of her role in the Italian-mafia movie, Street of Dreams, Shu Qi set to do a Hollywood film again, by playing a role in one of the 12 short film anthology of New York, I Love You.

April 10, 2008 (EST) - the announcement of the stars casted in New York, I Love You was unveiled– Orlando Bloom, Shia LaBeouf, Julie Christie, John Hurt, Hayden Christensen, Rachel Bilson, Chris Cooper, Anton Yelchin, Drea de Matteo, Ethan Hawke, Kevin Bacon, Carlos Acosta, Justin Bartha, Bradley Cooper, Irfan Khan, Cloris Leachman, Blake Lively, Emilie Ohana, Natalie Portman, Maggie Q, Shu Qi, Olivia Thirlby, Eli Wallach, Saul Williams, Robin Wright Penn, Anton Yelchin, and Ugur Yucel.

New York, I Love You is a 12 short film anthology which blends romance, pride, and patriotism. This follows the format of Paris, je t’aime, which grossed $5 million at the domestic box-office (a feat for a French-language title), an anthology of shorts dealing with love encounters in the City of Lights.

The producers of New York, I Love You include Marina Grasic, (executive producer of “Crash”), Marianne Maddalena, (”Scream”), and Jan Korbelin, executive producer of Lionsgate’s “The Lucky Ones.” New York, I Love You evolves on a storyline that explores different types of love among individuals within the boroughs of New York.

With films like ‘Crash’ and ‘Babel,’ the approach to narrative has changed,” producer Grasic said. “People are getting more sophisticated about watching content in shorter forms.New York, I Love You is expected to be a definite character, as it is the perfect representation of the diversity of a 21st-century Gotham. “There are a lot of culture clashes and love stories involving people of different races,” noted Grasic.

New York, I Love You is a collaborative work among several writers, including Hu Hong, Shunji Iwai, Suketu Mehta, and Yao Meng. Directors will include Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, Mira Nair, Brett Ratner, Alan Hughes, and internationally-acclaimed directors Fatih Akin, Andrey Zvyagintsev, and Wen Jiang.

Shu Qi will star in one of 12 short love stories in New York, I Love You.

Digg del.icio.us Haohao Netscape Reddit Slashdot StumbleUpon Technorati YahooMyWeb blogmarks co.mments De.lirio.us Furl MisterWong Taggly BlinkList Ma.gnolia

This entry was posted on Friday, April 11th, 2008 at 11:58 pm and is filed under Movies, Upcoming, Hollywood. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

12 Comments

1. April 11, 2008 @ 6:02 pm

Great Qi! This is a great year for her!!! I have a dream: that one day she will join in an italian movie, or italian fiction, will be fantastic!!!

Posted by Luca
  2. April 11, 2008 @ 7:04 pm

OMG!:D FINALLY!:D
    Her year of breakthrough to Hollywood!:D
    Hope she’ll get a very important role so that other moviemakers choose her :D

Posted by Erikinho10
  3. April 12, 2008 @ 8:31 am

great for her.

Posted by nguyen hang
  4. April 16, 2008 @ 12:57 pm

Good luck for you..

Posted by AndyLeonardo
  5. April 26, 2008 @ 12:09 am

I think Shu Qi is really a good Chinese actress compared to other Chinese actresses. I’m happy for her to be realized by the western films again. I think I would like Shu Qi in American movies more than Ziyi Zhang girl.

Posted by Katie
  6. May 2, 2008 @ 8:02 am

She is the one and only!
    she is the most beautiful woman on earth!
    Love To You

Posted by Erikinho10
  7. May 2, 2008 @ 8:02 am

You changed whole my life and i thank you Shu Qi

Posted by Erikinho10
  8. May 9, 2008 @ 11:01 am

hi ms shu..i really love u..i lyk ol ur movies..i hope u can visit philippines i wanna c u in person..my gosh ur so beautiful,,idol hehehe,,i lyk ur bieng humble..dont change ur gudcharacter huh…yngat luv yah….hmmm can u put some comment if u just dont mind..thank you so much..tc again..more movie to come,,ahm im going to watch ur upcoming movies,,new york,i love you and street of dreams..hope u’ll bcome a famous international actress..hehehe im happy 4 u..godbless..

Posted by may andrea
  9. May 14, 2008 @ 7:44 pm

shu Qui .I love U

Posted by kinka13
  10. June 1, 2008 @ 11:16 pm

..miss shu!! i really love ur movies!ur a very good actress!!.and also in martial arts..i’m very eager to watch ur up coming movie..hope ur doin’ good..saty healthy –.

..don’t quit as an actress huh?!

…i wanna see u in person
    god bless and moorrreeee movies to come

Posted by ann
  11. July 30, 2008 @ 4:24 pm

Good luck for you,Qi. I will always supporting you because i’m your biggest fans. hehehe…
    Please don’t stop making a movie, because you are such a good actress. I love your acting very very much.

Posted by daywalker
  12. October 11, 2008 @ 5:14 pm

hi ms. shu qi…i really like all your movies especially so close and my wife is a gangster 3…the BEST!!! and i wanna see you on person..i am your number 1 fan..iluvu….

Posted by mae belle j